Free virtual event "A Samhain Night Like This" chills your spine on October 25

Hello darklings,

On October 25 I'll be spinning a free virtual event with one of my DJ friends Jody Rose, "A Samhain Night Like This". The event will be streamed on Zoom and possibly Twitch.

Jody Rose has run this virtual event "A Night Like This" for some time now. I remember attending their goth events on my home turf in Honolulu. Even if you don't turn out to watch me spin the opening set, please check it out for Jody and Hex Embrace's dark musical prowess. There will also be a guest dancer, Chloe Dark to keep the party going.

 

For my fellow Jrock nerds out there, Jody Rose is familiar with some of my favorite Japanese rock bands and has also answered my request for them at live events, including DIR EN GREY and Phantasmagoria. I always appreciated that solidarity in the alternative music scene, and their openness to neighboring alternative genres.

I plan to spin some of my tracks I curated for last month's Goth Night at Zen. Unfortunately I cancelled my appearance due to an incoming tropical storm—my car was recently hit and run and severely damaged, and I wasn't up to braving Norfolk's flood-friendly roads. I'm really sad I had to cancel, since I was looking forward to sharing the booth with DJ Sound Mello.

I ended up recording what I selected for my first set. Of course there is other material new and old I want to mix with some cherry picked selections. You can check out the recorded set on my Mixcloud.  

If you'd like to tune in on Wednesday, October 25 for "A Samhain Night Like This", here are the details below.

A Samhain Night Like This with Resident DJs Jody Rose and Hex Embrace, guest DJ Nevermore, on October 25, 2023

Event Link: Here on Facebook

Meeting link: Here on Zoom

Password: Magic

Meeting ID: 862 8626 9050

Passcode: Magick

Doors open: 21:00 PT

Nevermore appearance: First set at 21:00 PDT, 0:00 EDT, 13:00 JST (60 minutes).

Admission: Free 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I curate my music

The Human Chair and other curiosities